Redemption Racing Newsletter calgary
The third round of the national series was in Calgary, Alberta. The weather was cold and windy with rain off and on but the track conditions were good. We had many friends and family attend this event which made for a great, fun atmosphere.
At the riders meeting devotion I talked about finding God’s direction in your life. You will never realize God’s dream for your life until you come to the stage of decision-making and step out in faith. Taking the first step can be the hardest but when we move, God moves with us. There is a simple, workable plan for making biblical decisions that will keep you on track toward pursuing God’s purpose for your life.
Tools to use for accomplishing our dreams are:
- Pray for guidance. Get God’s perspective on the issue. Proverbs 28:26 “A man is a fool to trust himself! But those who use God’s wisdom are safe”.
- Get the facts. Find out everything you can before you make a decision. Proverbs 13:16 says, “All who are prudent act with knowledge”.
- Ask for advice. Talk to somebody who has made a similar decision and speak to friends who know your weaknesses. Proverbs 24:6 “The more good advice you get, the more likely you are to win”
- Calculate the cost. Every decision has a price tag; it will cost you time, money, energy, reputation, talents, and resources. Proverbs 20:25 says, “It is a trap to dedicate something rashly and only later to consider one’s vows”. It’s more important to make a wise decision than a quick decision.
- Prepare for problems. In faith, expect the best and expect God to work in your life. But also prepare for the problems that are part of every decision. Solomon said in Proverbs 22:3, “A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences”.
- Face your fears. Perfectionism paralyzes potential. God has always used imperfect people in imperfect situations to get his will done. Ecclesiastes 11:4 says, “If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.” You have to trust God and start moving in spite of your problems, fears, and doubts.
What’s that one obstacle in your life that you need to overcome in order for the rest of your life to flow the way it was meant to be?
Cade Clason (#761) had his best weekend so far putting in two solid motos. First moto he held his own in front of last years champion riding in 5th place only to lose a position on the second last lap. Second moto he ran a solid 5th place. The leader of the race went down and Cade was able to increase his speed and make the pass on him for 4th but got passed back on the last lap finishing 6-5… for 5th overall.
Seth Rarick (#17): He had a difficult first moto with a first turn crash and then went off the track, getting tangled in the banners which caused him to be two laps down by the time he was untangled. He then lost his foot brakes because of it, forcing him to DNF. Second moto he fought his way back from both a bad gate pick and a bad start finishing DNF- 7… for 15th overall.
Eric Jeffery (#69): He’s been staying inside the top 20. Finishing 17-18… for 17th overall.
Alex Jeffery (#111) has been putting in solid results as an intermediate rider finishing 21-22 … for 25th overall.
We are praying and hoping for nice weather for this coming weekend, as this track in Regina, Saskatchewan, can get very, very muddy with rain.
Our ministry, and race team would not be possible without the tremendous generosity, and support of our growing sponsors. Our primary goal is to share Christ’s love on, and off the track, and to provide a compassionate ear, and heart for those who are lost and hurting. The truth of Jesus never fails to provide hope during despairing times. Thanks again to all those people who provide their time, money, and prayers as we travel across this beautiful country Canada that we call home. Have a great week!
Fly Racing, Dragon, Gamma, GP Bikes, Jeffery Homes, Boot Trucking, All Weather Windows, TMS storage LLC, Wild West Fencing, Sunstar, Spectro Oils, Dunlop, Hot Cams, Hot Rods, Pivot Works, Vertex, Mika Metals, LB graphics, Ride Engineering, FMF, VP Race Fuel, Dubya, Cycra, Friesen Plastic Products, Hinson, Matrix, Coastal Coffee, Toronto Digital Imaging, DV8, Redemption Racing Development